Our Educational Projects
- In 2016, the Foundation started the Do Good Work Grant for prior awardees, and awarded the first year's grant to Student Advocacy Center of Michigan. Please click here for more information on our Do Good Work Grant.
- In 2013, The Foundation contributed $1,000 to the Just the Beginning Foundation High School Summer Legal Institute.
- In 2003, the Foundation contributed $500 to the National Consortium on Racial and Ethnic Fairness in the Courts, matching a contribution from WLAM. The contributions supported the Annual Meeting and Conference of the Consortium, which took place in Detroit on April 9-12, 2003.
- In 2003, the Foundation also contributed $250 to the Michigan ACLU to serve as a sponsor of a conference titled, "Women & Girls, the Law and Social Change," which took place in Detroit on March 20, 2003.
- In 2001, the Foundation contributed $1,000 to the State Bar of Michigan's Open Justice Commission, to support its Pro Bono Project for Domestic Violence Victims, a special project training attorneys statewide.
The WLAM Foundation supports other educational projects, on an occasional basis. Organizations wishing consideration for funding may contact the Foundation at email@example.com.
Educational projects previously receiving WLAM Foundation support include:
- A 1998 planning retreat for state and regional officers of WLAM, which led to a plan for marketing, programs, membership and election of women to public office.
- The 2000 Women and the Law Conference in Novi, Michigan, hosted by WLAM, which featured a variety of workshops and special events focusing on important women’s issues.
- The Pro Bono Project for Domestic Violence Victims, a special 2001 statewide training project of the State Bar of Michigan’s Open Justice Commission.
- The Second Annual Dinner/Dance of the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan, a charity fundraiser held in November of 2002.
- The 2003 Annual Meeting of the National Consortium on Racial and Ethnic Fairness in the Courts.
- The 2003 conference of the American Civil Liberties Union titled, “Women & Girls, the Law and Social Change.”
- A 2006 Leadership Retreat for officers and regional representatives of the WLAM.
- A 2013 contribution to Just the Beginning Foundation in the amount of $1,000 towards their week-long law program for metropolitan Detroit high school students.